TeamSnap is seeking a results-oriented and service-driven Senior Accountant who thrives in a dynamic and fast-paced environment. You will play a key role in the Finance department, interacting with personnel at all levels of the company while also engaging with customers and vendors routinely. You will work collaboratively in automating processes and improving accounting procedures.
You should have broad accounting experience and ability to apply exceptional GAAP knowledge and industry best practices to business scenarios. You will be expected to maintain accurate, detailed and confidential records, possess strong analytical and time management skills, and work independently with strong problem solving skills.
TeamSnap is an award-winning communication and management service for recreational and competitive sports teams, tournaments and organizations. With over 20 million enthusiastic customers in 195 countries, TeamSnap is indispensable for teams, clubs and leagues worldwide.
We value trust, communication and fun more than big company policies and rules, and we thrive on empowering our people instead of controlling them. TeamSnap has been named to Outside Magazine’s list of Best Places to Work three consecutive years.
What you’ll be doing
- Maintain responsibility for accounting entries and records to enable timely and accurate reporting of financial results.
- Develop, drive and improve internal policies & procedures to ensure compliance and the highest integrity of our financial results
- Perform ongoing and ad hoc analysis to provide insight on the business
- Prepare balance sheet account reconciliations within the monthly closing cycle, providing explanatory details and addressing any necessary corrections promptly
- Manage prepaid expense and accrued expense accounts, amortizing/accruing expenses appropriately and providing detailed backup for balances
- Deposit customer check payments and apply to customer receivable balances
- Ensure financial transactions are correctly recorded through the general ledger in accordance with generally accepted accounting principles and internal policies
- Process payroll and assist in maintaining HR records
- Work cross-functionally with other departments to increase financial reporting accuracy
- Maintain a continual focus on process improvement to include automation of systems – tech savvy
- Prepare schedules for year-end audit and respond to audit-related inquiries
- Effectively manage and execute on additional special projects as requested
Some things that are important:
- Ability to proactively manage priorities and goals in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment
- An eye for detail - nothing gets past you
- Good understanding of both financial and operational controls
- Strong analytical mind and problem-solving skills
- Exhibit strong decision making skills and the ability to grasp and communicate complex concepts quickly and independently
- Ability to partner cross-functionally across the company
- Flexible mindset and comfortable with changing requirements
- Be an independent high-level contributor who can function with minimal supervision
- Advanced Excel skills
- Ability to work in a small team environment
Other things that would be nice to have:
- BS in Accounting
- CPA and/or public accounting experience
- 3+ years of experience, preferably including exposure to tech companies
- Intacct or similar ERP experience
The job is at our headquarters in Boulder, Colorado, but we are a mostly-distributed company and you must be very comfortable working with people who aren’t in the same physical location as you or each other. Many Boulder-based TeamSnappers work from home part of the week or part of the day.
- Work on a product that people use and love
- While we’re still relatively small, we’re not a fly-by-night startup; we’re the leader in a massive market
- We have a proven revenue model, an experienced executive team, solid funding, and a strong strategic plan
- We have fantastic benefits, and you’ll have a stake in the company
If you’re looking for an opportunity to show off the very best of your skills, in an environment of trust, respect and flexibility, this might very well be the best job you’ll ever have. We’re passionate about helping our customers spend less time organizing and more time playing.
Benefits and Perks
We offer competitive salary and benefits, lots of opportunity to develop professionally, and the ability to demonstrate what you can achieve. TeamSnap is still small enough that your actions will help drive our success.
- Competitive salary
- Medical/dental/vision for you and your family
- Education reimbursement up to $1,500/yr
- Wellness stipend of $50/mo
- Up to $300/yr to donate to charitable causes
- Free TeamSnap service for your family and friends
- Free TeamSnap swag.
- Flexible PTO and vacation policy
Diversity and Inclusion
TeamSnap is a company built around trust, kindness and collaboration, where diverse backgrounds, experiences and viewpoints are celebrated and valued. This is a place where everybody belongs.