TeamSnap is an award-winning communication and management service for recreational and competitive sports teams, tournaments and organizations. With over 20 million enthusiastic customers in 195 countries, TeamSnap is indispensable for teams, clubs and leagues worldwide.
We value trust, communication and fun more than big company policies and rules, and we thrive on empowering our people instead of controlling them. TeamSnap has been named to Outside Magazine’s list of Best Places to Work three consecutive years.
What you’ll be doing
As an Account Executive for our Digital Advertising Team (in the New York area) you’ll play a critical role in developing and managing a book of business-targeting brands/agencies. If you can sell ice cream in a blizzard, let’s talk! You will be responsible for growing new and existing business and will report to the GM - Advertising & Digital Commerce
- Proactively prospect, qualify, grow and maintain a national account list that includes: CPG, Travel & Hospitality, Sports & Apparel, Finance, and Insurance.
- Sell current portfolio of digital ad solutions across mobile and web display media, both programmatic and native solutions.
- Develop thougthtful and tailored POVs for clients relative to TeamSnap’s leadership in the youth sports management & communication space.
- Meet and exceed revenue and sales targets.
- Drive partnership performance through engagement of key stakeholders at the senior level, and deliver world-class customer service.
- Coordinate with pre and post-sales teams at TeamSnap to maximize revenue potential with optimal efficiency.
- Post celebratory animated GIFs in Slack when you close a major deal.
- Negotiate pricing and contractual agreements with clients and agencies.
- Manage activity using Salesforce.com.
Skills and attributes we’d like you to have
- Persuasive - You enjoy the challenge of meeting new people and winning them over.
- Goal Oriented - You feel as though you start each day at zero and must accomplish something.
- Adaptability - You respond willingly to the demands of the moment and seek out constructive feedback to constantly improve.
- Discipline/Diligence - You prepare and set up routines; focus on timelines and deadlines.
- Self-Assurance/Independence – You are able to take risks, meet new challenges, stake claims and deliver, working with a distributed team.
- Communication - You are a strong communicator, 1-1, in group settings and online.
- Collaborative - You work well with others and are nice. We’re nice around here.
- Cooperatively competitive - You want to win, but you also want to help your co-workers and the company win.
Ideal Candidate Requirements
- Athlete/team minded … goal-oriented and passion for winning.
- 2-4+ years of digital media advertising sales experience required.
- Strong point of view on future of digital and mobile.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills.
- Extensive contacts and relationships with leading agencies and clients.
- Deep understanding of the advertising marketplace with a focus on mobile and digital platforms.
- Ability to develop and manage a consistent sales pipeline, and a proven track record of exceeding goals.
- Creative, smart, and passionate, as well as a problem solver and a team player.
- Willingness to travel when needed.
- Work on a product that people use and love
- While we’re still relatively small, we’re not a fly-by-night startup; we’re the leader in a massive market
- We have a proven revenue model, an experienced executive team, solid funding, and a strong strategic plan
- We have fantastic benefits, and you’ll have a stake in the company
If you’re looking for an opportunity to show off the very best of your skills, in an environment of trust, respect and flexibility, this might very well be the best job you’ll ever have. We’re passionate about helping our customers spend less time organizing and more time playing.
Benefits and Perks
We offer competitive salary and benefits, lots of opportunity to develop professionally, and the ability to demonstrate what you can achieve. TeamSnap is still small enough that your actions will help drive our success. Benefits include:
- Competitive salary
- Medical/dental/vision for you and your family
- Education reimbursement up to $1,500/yr
- Wellness stipend of $50/mo
- Up to $300/yr to donate to charitable causes
- Free TeamSnap service for your family and friends
- Free TeamSnap swag.
- Flexible PTO and vacation policy
Diversity and Inclusion
TeamSnap is a company built around trust, kindness and collaboration, where diverse backgrounds, experiences and viewpoints are celebrated and valued. This is a place where everybody belongs.